GCSE and A Levels cancelled

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
2childmum

Re: GCSE and A Levels cancelled

Post by 2childmum »

DD has been getting A* in every assessment for one of her A level subjects - so will be given an A* by her teacher. But her school is only small (36 in year 13) and no-one has scored an A* in this subject for a couple of years, so I suspect she won't be awarded one. She needs an A to do this subject at Uni, which hopefully she will get, but I suspect she is going to be very disappointed on results day.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

That’s tough, 2cm. If she’s the only A* student there’s still hope. It would seem a bit mean to deny her her A* if it’s clear that the school isn’t cheating. Fingers crossed.

Well, I’ve decided that if the results aren’t what DD had hoped for, I will tell her not to worry as she knows she would have probably got X grade in that subject and it’s just unfortunate that she was one of the unlucky ones, but it’s no reflection on her. And if she is happy I will say that she got the grades she deserved. There’s no other way to handle it if they’ve worked hard but for whatever reason they just missed out on the grade they wanted. I don’t want her dwelling on what might have been. It’s out of her hands now until results day. I want her to focus on what she can control.
Moon unit

Post by Moon unit »

That’s essentially our plan KS10.
My DD might do exams in a couple of subjects.
The other 8 she won’t.
I must say not having to finish the art coursework has been the greatest relief of all.
Everyone told us the art coursework stories but my DD and I still didn’t realise it would be so very time consuming.
MyDD is so glad it’s over so she can resume what she calls her “own art”.
She found it so constraining not being able to do what takes her fancy.
It wasn’t fun even for someone who does art every day.
Gallery visits were great though!