Online delivery slot

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
2childmum

Re: Online delivery slot

Post by 2childmum »

DD signed up to volunteer with the local council but has only collected one prescription. Everything seems to be happening from the central base which she can't get to - we are right on the edge of the borough and have no buses etc going to the town centre where the council is based. I get emails showing how busy the volunteers there are, but nothing for her to do here
solimum

Post by solimum »

We've had local volunteering via a new facebook group set up mid-march for the purpose of helping those self-isolating/ shielding, with a combination of leafleting local streets, facebook requests and information sharing. I've only had a couple of direct phone requests for help via the leafleting (which obviously is aimed at ensuring people not on FB are covered) but there seems to have been a lot of other very valuable activity. The Govt app has been slow, bureaucratically cumbersome and late - now why is that not a surprise? Testing anyone?
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Managed to get in touch with the person I hadn’t been in touch with for a while and they are more than happy to help. Just need to sort out a suitable time for click and collect. Thanks everyone. Helpful as always. :D
doodles

Post by doodles »

2childmum wrote:DD signed up to volunteer with the local council but has only collected one prescription. Everything seems to be happening from the central base which she can't get to - we are right on the edge of the borough and have no buses etc going to the town centre where the council is based. I get emails showing how busy the volunteers there are, but nothing for her to do here
Sad isn't it, so many people willing to help not being utilised. A friend of mine has volunteered with our local town group and has done nothing so far. Another directs traffic at the local GP triage centre once a week and has very few people come along.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
2childmum

Post by 2childmum »

DD has now started volunteering with our church community table project which used to provide meals at our building for the homeless, but now we feed about 40 vulnerable members of the community each Friday. Bizarrely I can't help as I am currently furloughed from my admin job at the church and as there was the odd occasion I helped out when they were low on helpers it could be argued that it formed part of my job. I do carry on baking cakes for them though as I was doing that before I was employed!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now