Online delivery slot

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KS10

Online delivery slot

Post by KS10 »

I would like to book a one-off online delivery slot for an elderly person who does not live near me. Apart from the issue of actually being able to book a slot, would anyone know how to go about this? I’ve just tried Tesco but I haven’t filled in my address yet because the delivery isn’t for me, but would it be problematic if I used the other person’s address? Or can I register using my address with the opportunity to have the shopping delivered elsewhere?
hermanmunster

Re: Online delivery slot

Post by hermanmunster »

This came up when I googled:
Can I change my Tesco delivery address?
Yes you can. First, tell us the new delivery address before you book a delivery slot. To add a delivery address click on 'Change delivery address', in the 'Delivery details' section on the right hand side of the home page.

also:
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/di ... nt-address" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think quite a few people send food parcels to Uni students
KS10

Post by KS10 »

That’s a good idea. Thanks, HM. As you can tell, we have not been sending food parcels to our uni student. :oops:
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Yes you just choose an address for the recipient. The delivery slots available will depend on location so I presume you select an address before you can book the slot. I used to order for my parents sometimes.
Good luck getting a slot though :(
It might be worth speaking to Tesco on their helpline, they seem more flexible than other supermarkets and may find you a priority slot if it's for someone vulnerable. Don't bother trying Ocado, they are hopeless and very unhelpful.
scary mum
Moon unit

Post by Moon unit »

I’ve set up deliveries to holiday cottages etc in the past so I think it’s quite straightforward.
I’ve got slots for my mother by staying up until midnight when some seen to be added.
Agree Ocado won’t be helpful.
I’ve also seen Asda seem to have more slots available now.
Sainsbury’s have reserved theirs basically for the people who are shielding but worth a call to see if they can help I think.
Good luck.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Thank you all. If all else fails I think I can try click and collect, which would mean contacting someone out of the blue to ask them if they would collect and deliver. But at least it’s looking like a possibility now.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Definitely try calling Tesco and maybe try calling the store local to the recipient. I have heard that they have been very helpful. Also have a look at Morrisons as they seem to have a food box option and their website implies that these are easier to get

I do hope you get a slot, in this area they seem near impossible to get.

Edited: I have just gone onto the Morrisons website to have a look for my mother and although there are no delivery slots available she could have a food box delivered on Sunday. There are lots of options (Fish, Veg, Mixed, GFree etc) and would certainly be ok for her for almost a week. Now the problem is convincing her this is better than somebody going to the supermarket for her!!!!
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

KS10 wrote:Thank you all. If all else fails I think I can try click and collect, which would mean contacting someone out of the blue to ask them if they would collect and deliver. But at least it’s looking like a possibility now.
depends where they are - there are lots of local volunteer groups set up to help - ours was local but now being coordinated via the County Council - ring a central number and a whatsapp message goes out looking for someone to do the task

We have loads of volunteers but not many tasks. I have collected 2 prescriptions so far
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Thanks HM. OH hasn’t had a single request so far.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Ours is a local one rather than the NHS one (which seems to have huge numbers of people volunteering and not many requests)

the main problems is that the town is divided up into smaller areas - inevitably the areas with the most able bodies, community minded souls has the fewest who actually need any help- whereas I gather some parts are run off their feet. Offer to travel half a mile to help out haven't been taken up :roll: