Change of address legal after joining scondary school

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Rhinoisflying

Re: Change of address legal after joining scondary school

Post by Rhinoisflying »

mad? wrote:So, as I understand it, you have rented a house in catchment in order to gain a place for your DC, but now want to move to a house you have bought elsewhere. Is that correct? Would your DC have got the place had you lived in this house which you have now bought? If not I suggest you check the admissions rules very carefully, as others have suggested. The address aspect of qualification is there for a reason, and there is such a thing as admissions fraud.
My child would have indeed. We were on house hunt as I said. I think I shall rather speak to KCC as we did all for good reason. I think we spke to KCC that time, but due to some sorrowful personal incident I never came back to this forum as we were extremely bus with all that stuff.
Thanks all for all your views.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Rhinoisflying wrote:Thanks guys!
We were renting during grammars and our hunt for house started literally during grammars. We intend to go to the new house we bought recently in the old town. PAper work will never be an issue.
May be we would need to speak to KCC to give clarity.
Not sure why you went to the hassle of moving, if it actually didn't mean a better chance of getting a place at the school in question? But if you had been living in the house that you have now bought, at the time of application, and it genuinely wouldn't have lowered your ranking for the school below the cut-off (compared with your current address), then there shouldn't be a problem.

Presumably you have already checked the school's admissions policy for the definition of permanent address and not found anything like, address living at at the time of application and at least until the end of the term of entry.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Rhinoisflying

Post by Rhinoisflying »

ToadMum wrote:
Rhinoisflying wrote:Thanks guys!
We were renting during grammars and our hunt for house started literally during grammars. We intend to go to the new house we bought recently in the old town. PAper work will never be an issue.
May be we would need to speak to KCC to give clarity.
Not sure why you went to the hassle of moving, if it actually didn't mean a better chance of getting a place at the school in question? But if you had been living in the house that you have now bought, at the time of application, and it genuinely wouldn't have lowered your ranking for the school below the cut-off (compared with your current address), then there shouldn't be a problem.

Presumably you have already checked the school's admissions policy for the definition of permanent address and not found anything like, address living at at the time of application and at least until the end of the term of entry.
I was NOT living in that house whch we bought this year my dear friend :D
Anyways all good. So you all may stop entertaining my queries now :)
mm23292

Post by mm23292 »

I do hope KCC have been helpful, and have seen this exactly for what it is.