Which videogame to buy?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

dhanepud

Which videogame to buy?

Post by dhanepud »

Hii all,

Now that 11+ is over and my son’s birthday is coming. I am looking to get a video game for him. I am not at all into gaming stuff so no idea whats good.

Can you suggest whats good for 11 year old,
Playstation or Xbox or Nintendo ?

Also is it better to go for latest version or one version less is fine (considering cost benefit)?

Thanks a lot in advance

ps: we didn’t bribe him for video game for 11+. It will be a surprise for him :-)
KaB£H1s3

Re: Which videogame to buy?

Post by KaB£H1s3 »

Portable: Nintendo Switch.
Play at Home: Xbox Series X or PlayStation 5.

They have a long life cycle so I'd buy the newest one.

Trouble is, they're probably not in stock anywhere.

We have an xbox, an older style one and we use a package called games with gold. It costs about 50 GBP per year and we buy the 12 month subscriptions on prime day or black Friday or boxing day. You can stack a couple of them up so we usually have more than 12 months left on our account. We get 4 free games per month... but if you stop paying, you lose all the games.

PlayStation have an equivalent deal

Edit. Don't mix up Xbox Series X (newest) with Xbox One X. They really should put more effort into naming them more clearly
Brackenboo

Post by Brackenboo »

I would go with the newest PlayStation or Xbox. Maybe see if any of his friends have one as that can help with playing with each other. They are both coming in and out of stock, so if you decide to go for one of these keep checking stock. We've managed to get a ps5 this week so it is possible
bridge

Post by bridge »

We chose a ps4 but it was last year. Personally I would choose it again as it was good value for money and allows us to do all we want. Games wise depends on what your child likes. Our son had a group of friends at school that play fornite - so that's that. It's a good way to keep up with friends, particularly as none have come to my son's school.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now