Any good ideas to keep his brain active?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
zorro

Post by zorro »

The Wii is brilliant exercise , especially Wii sport as you get to play virtual tennis, golf etc and it actually makes you hot and sweaty (!) like proper exercise !
Anybody else's kids just cruising at school these days? I suppose now SAT's have finished it's a run down til the summer hols.My DS spent most of yesterday rehearsing for end of term production of Oliver!
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

zorro wrote:My DS spent most of yesterday rehearsing for end of term production of Oliver!
DD's just starting rehearsing for the end of term play too...

That seems to the centre of all activity from now on.

Work seems to have stopped; That's fine by me.

:lol:

Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

DS has a Wii and absolutely loves it - but I must be technically challenged because I just can't do it properly!

As for school work - I don't think there is any of that going on - today he has gone off to a "rain forest" in Newbury...and refused to take a coat as he quite correctly stated it would be very warm there!

I am all for a bit of "down time" for our kids...but I am worried about how hard it will hit them all in September when they really have to use their brains again....oh well, only time will tell!
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
zorro

Post by zorro »

Burneth,
Me too! Especially as they will be up against a lot of very bright children whereas before DS was in the top 3 for everything.
Not to mention having to be on a school coach at 07.30 whereas now he crawls out of bed at 08.00.
I can see a few battles ahead!
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

That's is so true...although possibly all the other children will likewise have had a lazy couple of months and will be in the same position as our sons in September! Well I can wish can't I?!
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I teach year 6 for three (and a bit) afternoons a week. I am still teaching a normal curriculum for the subjects I teach them - music, art/DT, Geog/history. The only difference being that I try to teach some of it outdoors and maybe make the lessons more fun. The learning objectives, however, remain!!
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

I never thought we would manage the early morning start. In Primary left at 8.45, secondary -
zorro

Post by zorro »

Oh well! There's hope for us then!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now