Victorian Dress Up Day

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sharone

Victorian Dress Up Day

Post by sharone »

My son has to dress up as a Victorian, and I have no idea how to accomplish this. Any ideas would be most welcome!

Thanks
Sam's Mum

Post by Sam's Mum »

I seem to remember my son wearing his cousin's page boy outfit - grey trousers, white wing collar shirt, cravatte and waistcoat. (A top hat as well perhaps?)

I think some of the boys just wore raggedy shorts and t-shirts - perhaps an old pair of trousers cut quite roughly to around knee length and an old t-shirt that could be roughed up. Baker boy type cap might finish the outfit off.

Good Luck. (Don't you just love dressing up days :roll: )
chad

Post by chad »

Black/grey trousers...collarless shirt with rolled up sleeves.....waistcoat...flat cap did the trick for us!!!

Good luck
sharone

Post by sharone »

Thanks alot. Raggedy grey trousers describes his school trousers anyway (how to boys manage to always rip their pockets out). Will have to seek a flat cap.
Lulu

Post by Lulu »

To keep things very simple, trousers tucked into football socks can create a good breeches look!
perplexed

Post by perplexed »

Even simpler, cover him in soot and he can go as a chimney sweep. Noone will notice what the clothes are underneath.
KB

Post by KB »

Have found charity shops a good source over the years - and the small cost goes to a good cause :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now