Giveaway of the day

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bestpossibleoutcome

Giveaway of the day

Post by bestpossibleoutcome »

I was introduced to this site several months ago, and will admit that I have never downloaded anything before, but I thought that today's giveaway might interest anyone who might wish to produce a quiz or test.

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

hope this is useful to someone,

BPO
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi BPO

On my PC I have McAfee Siteadvisor, which monitors websites for dodgy links.

It has flagged up "Red Downloads" for this site - downloads that may contain spyware, malware, viruses, etc.

The detailed analysis shows that these particular links are a problem, followed by the nature of the problem:

downloadpspgames.exe
Generic Downloader.q trojan

freeinternetarcadegames.exe

freepspmovies.exe
BackDoor-AWQ trojan

playarcadegamesonline.exe

The link you have posted is not listed, but as the giveaway download changes every 24 hours, McAfee may not be catching up with it in time to identify a problem. It may be clean, it may not. I would advise everyone to think very carefully before downloading from the site.

I strongly recommend McAfee Site Advisor, and it is completely free. My kids now know that they should only ever click on links that receive a green tick, and thankfully it has reduced our problems with viruses to virtually nil.

Best wishes
Sally-Anne

Edit: I have now viewed the full list of downloads tested, and as I suspected, today's giveaway has not yet been tested. You can view the list here.
http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/giveaw ... downloads/
bestpossibleoutcome

Post by bestpossibleoutcome »

Hi Sally-Anne,
I use Finjan and Noscript and it came up as OK. But if I suddenly disappear from the forum you'll know why.

regards, BPO
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

bestpossibleoutcome wrote:But if I suddenly disappear from the forum you'll know why.
:lol:

I haven't heard of those two programmes, but I also use AVG and that came up clean.

That's the trouble isn't it? You have to run at least two of everything to get a decent reading. :roll:

S-A