End of year 6, leaving presents for friends?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Kegs Mom 3

End of year 6, leaving presents for friends?

Post by Kegs Mom 3 »

It's me again, needing your brilliant ideas! :idea:

You did so well with the presents for teachers- thank you, that I'm here again! :lol:

Now my lovely DS wants to buy a gift for half a dozen of his closest friends. They are all going to different schools :cry: , so I think it would be a nice gesture. However, all my ideas are too boring, apparently, and all DS's too expensive! :wink:

Can think of lots of nice pressies for the girls, but not the boys. Any suggestions would be most gratefully received!

Thank you!
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Um...
Will think about it as I also have a year 6 son...HHhhhmmmmm...
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Do you have a photograph of them which you could have copied and framed??
Does it HAVE to be a present, could it be a trip somewhere? Visit to park to play football, picnic?
Anne42

Post by Anne42 »

My daughter is putting together a small photo album for her best friend , with pictures from when they were in Reception until their leavers assembly tomorrow . For her other friends she is doing a single photo in a frame.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Could you (as a family) write a witty poem about the six of them, then frame it or present it in a scroll??
Or DS could write some funny/poignant memories about each individual then give it in some way...?
Kegs Mom 3

Post by Kegs Mom 3 »

Brilliant idea, Ed's mum, just off to trawl throught the photos now, make sure they're all on one together!

Just wondering if all the poor parents will want to look at my cheeky DS's face every day?!lol :wink:
Sam's Mum

Post by Sam's Mum »

How about "The Boys Book of Survival - How to Survive Anything, Anywhere". It's got lots of interesting and useful information in it but is written in a very tongue-in-cheek manner. We bought this for a boy at my daughter's school who left to move to New Zealand and added our own page at the front - "How to survive in N Z without your school friends". (Can find this on the internet for less than a fiver).

When my daughter left I gave her a School Friends Book which has space for contact details of friends and a space to write a message or stick a photo. All the kids loved writing goodbye messages in it, even the boys, and it's something really nice to keep.
Kegs Mom 3

Post by Kegs Mom 3 »

Thanks guys, all brilliant suggestions, I want to do them all!

Now, if I can just stop filling up as I look through the old photos......
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now