Want a laugh??

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ed's mum

Want a laugh??

Post by Ed's mum »

Guess which mother (clue - me!) sent their year 5 daughter to school today, although there was no school?!?!

The newsletter said there was school today and the LEA website said there was school today...so I dropped her off at the kids club which runs before and after school (and during the holidays!!!) IN HER UNIFORM with her sports bag. lunchbox, violin etc (why didn't someone in charge of the Kid's Club say something????

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I received a visit from the secretary at my school to say that DD was poorly at school and I needed to leave to collect her. Was she ill? NO! She saw the clock tick round to ten o'clock, noticed that she was the only child in uniform and decided that she needed to feign an illness to get herself out of the mess she was in...

Did I tell her off? Should I have? Well, I didn't. I hugged her and said "well done". Poor old stick at school on the last day of her holidays whilst her older brother was at Granny's house (eating pizza, raspberries and cream etc)!!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

What an intelligent daughter you have! :lol:
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I agree. Devious, but clever. She'll go far!! :mrgreen:
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

:oops: I made master yoyo walk to school on what I was convinced wasteh first day of school. I got a phone call from my mum to saythat he was home in tears as everyone had laughed at him....

teachers make BAD mothers!!

btw this was when he was in year 3 not recently!!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Ed's mum, are you sure it was not a cunning plan to get YOU out of a boring INSET day? :lol:
Sam's Mum

Post by Sam's Mum »

That brings back memories. :oops:

My mum did that to me when I was about 14. Problem was that I had to get the bus to school using my bus pass from the previous term, before picking up my new bus pass from the school office. Obviously the school office was closed so I was stranded 4 miles from home with no bus pass and no money for the bus fare home, with my blazer and tie shoved in my school bag, trying to look like I'm not really wearing school uniform! :oops: :oops: :oops:

I'm sure Master YoYo and Miss Ed's Mum will not let you forget that slip up (I still remind my mum of it periodically - not that I hold a grudge or anything :evil: ).
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I had a minor panic as we drove past DS1's school. It was absolutely heaving with traffic and kids, and I suddenly wondered if I had go the date wrong. :shock:

It was just INSET and something else going on. Phew!
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

:mrgreen:
Ed's mum, are you sure it was not a cunning plan to get YOU out of a boring INSET day?

Nope!! We had our INSET days last Tuesday and Wednesday. This was proper teaching I was doing today (for an hour anyway!!)

Keep the stories coming guys, I feel slightly less bad-motherish now!!! :mrgreen:
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Miss Ed's Mum
That looked really odd Sam's mum and it took me a while to realise why!!
NotionPotion

Post by NotionPotion »

I always wrapped my daughter's sandwiches in tin-foil and to my acute embarrassment she came home and told me that when she opened the packet looking forward to cheese sandwiches she was faced with 4 raw sausages wrapped in foil! She alerted the 'head of the dinner-ladies' (thankfully) who gave her a spare cheese batch from the canteen instead, but apparantly not before the whole staff room were informed much to their amusement.
I guess we're all a bit scatter-brained sometimes!......
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now