Just typical...

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

PMx2: I didn't mean to offend anyone. If a child is sick, I have to carry on teaching the class. It is not my fault that the person designated to do the cleaning up is the TA. We don't have a cleaner or premises officer in during the school day and someone has to do it. I wouldn't want to do it as a TA but, at my school, I would have to.
As for sucking my nose :oops: , I agree it's disgusting...he has had a stressful few weeks at his new school with absolutely no let up. He got stupidly, ridiculously silly and uncontrollable tonight - letting off steam I guess - and did something that he hasn't done since he was about 5.I didn't like it then either...
Truly did not mean to offend you. At no point did I say that a TA should do it. Or that that is all they are good for. One of my best friends
is a TA.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Mmmm, one way I have seen to cure a vomit phobia is to actually drink salted water until you are sick. No thank you.
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

Ed's mum wrote: One of my best friends is a TA.

V funny! (Was it meant to be?)

Still snoozing & vomit free?
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

What have I said now Charlotte?? What was funny about that?????

Yes, sleeping and vomit free currently...
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I have sent Proud Mum x 2 an apologetic PM. Not sure how to make it better though as no offence was meant.

As for Charlotte, she is just teasing me - we are friends away from the forum!
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

Ooops. Thought we were in REHAB.

My bad. Soz.
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

I don't mean to offend you either :lol: but, I get sick of the attitude of some teachers. (not to the extent of vomiting, you'll be relieved to know, as you have no-one to clean it up on a Friday night. Oh! you could call your "best friend!" as she's TA)

On one hand we are sick cleaners, on the other, we are expected to take the class when it suits. PPA, or a sudden crisis, and hey presto we are valued!
When teachers go on a course and a supply is called in..... have a guess who really takes the class! and who gets the pay for it?

I'll jump off my soap box now, sorry!!! I hope your little man recovers quickly, and that you don't have to face your phobia!
KES Parent

Post by KES Parent »

Ed's mum wrote:Mmmm, one way I have seen to cure a vomit phobia is to actually drink salted water until you are sick. No thank you.
No, this wasn't like that, it was a woman being gradually introduced to things that looked like vomit until she managed to watch someone actually doing it (this was the bit I couldn't watch). She eventually ended up being able to go out to a night club, which seemed to be her long term ambition, but she hadn't been able to before in case someone threw up there (very likely if Broad Street on a Friday night is anything to go by!)
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I agree with everything you have said about when supply teachers come in.
I agree.
There is no argument.
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

Okay! Okay! I call a truce :wink: and I truly hope your little one recovers fast! :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now