Gross Stupidity

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Bah Humbug, no-one's on MY Christmas list this year :evil: :evil:

I'd love to be the HVLO, but I'd probably be voted out as I'm not from the village and so cannot be part of that inner circle!!

The problem with closing the car park would be that everyone (instead of just the few morons who currently do it all the time) would then park in front of the school (which is fronted by a busy main road) and even more chaos (if that were possible) would ensue.

AB, just as well this isn't America - TCBE would be a VERY different thing over there! :lol: :shock: :lol:

GOW thread already taken? :shock: ?? :shock: ?? I shall sue :x :wink:
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

People driving through the school crossing patrol is my personal bugbear. In my opinion these people should be dragged out of their cars and hanged from the nearest lamp post, but then I'm quite reasonable, I expect some people would think hanging is too good for them. Quite why it's imperative that they join the tail of the queue 25 yards ahead NOW NOW NOW is a mystery to me.

Mike
Road Runner

Mel x

Post by Road Runner »

Hey Snow drops everyone else

Can I add my pet hate. People driving big vehicles(usually with only one or two childen in) and parking them wherever is most convenient for them. Never mind the fact they block the roads, corners obstruct views, they also seem to be driven by 'Mobile speaking' distracted parents who live withing a mile of the school itself and don't work!!! :twisted:

There, feel better now :)
bucks mum1

Post by bucks mum1 »

I agree with you Mel. People driving big cars, usually new 4X4's which have never seen been off road, who think it is OK for them to unload their darlings on the zig zag lines right outside the school! We live in the country so it's not like you have to drive far to find somewhere safe to park. They are oblivious to everyone else so it doesn't seem to matter how many dirty looks you give them, they still continue to be so selfish.
AB

Post by AB »

mike1880 wrote:People driving through the school crossing patrol is my personal bugbear. In my opinion these people should be dragged out of their cars and hanged from the nearest lamp post,

Mike
Ok ok mikey boy, you can be the NLPH (Nearest Lamp Post Hanger) just so it will get rid of your bugbear.

The traffic problems around our local school are ancient beyond belief.
Despite the local council, governors and local residents/parents all trying to achieve some modicum of order every morning and school going home time, we still have major hiccups.

Car park closed, one school entrance open only, to encourage people to park and walk because the remaining open entrance is very difficult to access via cars....and each morning, we see children, mums with buggies,dollies,teddies,lunch boxes, instruments cases run the gamut of peak hour traffic ,crossing 4 lanes of traffic despite well-placed pelican crossings, traffic lights junctions and the presence of a delightful lollipop lady. Sometimes the careless pedestrians are as bad as the careless drivers.

I say, hang them all!
Very soon there will be no one left and Mrs. Snowdrops will be voted in.

But for the moment, your plan, Snowdrops, would have to be moron hunting the perplexed way - name and shame the culprits.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

.................. and another thing!

Indicating.

Why oh why oh why does no-one indicate properly anymore?

'They' either don't bother to indicate at all (at roundabouts or junctions - 'they're' not biased, 'they' do it at both) or indicate incorrectly (ie: too soon, and only turn off at the second junction/turnoff ) or 'they' indicate too late and only do it as 'they're' actually turning into the junction/turnofff.

Don't they realise this is all DANGEROUS!!!!!!!!

Naming and shaming, hmmmmmm ..................... I'm thinking about it. Do I REALLY want to be held responsible for people behaving properly? What would I have to moan about then?? (and please peeps, don't complain, this is toungue in cheek now :shock: , I realise the safety of the children FAR outweighs anything else!)
magwich2

gross stupidity

Post by magwich2 »

My pet hate on the morning school run are the parents who take the best parking place just outside the gate and then spend half an hour yapping to other mothers in the playground or accompanying their little darling into the classroom in case he should get lost during the 20 metre walk! At DD's last school the narrow gate was regularly blocked by fond parents saying goodbye as though war had been declared and they were being evacuated!

If it was not for these irritating people everyone else could drop their children off outside the entrance quickly and safely and be on their way with few if any parking problems and a lot less nuisance to local residents
perplexed

Post by perplexed »

Oh I think you could get the offender shamed via number plate without being hold responsible. And worry not, if you cured this type of behaviour, there would definitely be something else bad which will come to your attention instead. Endless campaigns - what fun!
AB

Re: gross stupidity

Post by AB »

magwich2 wrote:My pet hate on the morning school run are the parents who take the best parking place just outside the gate and then spend half an hour yapping to other mothers in the playground or accompanying their little darling into the classroom in case he should get lost during the 20 metre walk!
You mustn't begrudge those who leave their homes earlier in the morning so as to bag the choice parking spot - it might not be mere yapping; there might be a serious exchange of mobile phone numbers going on. 8)
At DD's last school the narrow gate was regularly blocked by fond parents saying goodbye as though war had been declared and they were being evacuated!
It's also very important to say a fond and proper goodbye, especially if you drive off with one hand on the steering wheel and holding your mobile phone with the other. Who knows what may befall you as you go onto the icy road? :shock:

Now where will you be shopping for your Christmas turkey,magwich2?
I'd like to make sure I get there before you. :lol: :lol:

Don't worry, Mrs. Snowdrops, I will stay in the correct lane, not jump any school crossings or red lights and indicate where appropriate in good time.

(I am a bit scared of Snowdrops now.)
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Let's talk about driving styles in today's snow shall we?

AB - be scared, be VERY scared :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now