Having a bad day!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

patricia

Post by patricia »

yoyo123 wrote:don;t worry too much. Master yoyo has his mocks today, maths in morning, English in afternoon, he plans to start revising for the English after the maths exam.."plenty of time" apparently :wink:
Dear YoYo

You have just made me smile :)

My boys would get on well with your Master YoYo...

P
zorro

Post by zorro »

YoYo,
Master Zorro is cut from the same cloth.
For homework in Physics he had 20 questions they had to do a minimum of 6.After he had done the 6th he told me he'd finished, when I suggested he did a few more ( of which he was easily capable) he turned to me in horror and said "But Mum I don't want to look keen" Apparently 'looking keen ' is a cardinal sin.
Zorro
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Oh dearie, dearie me...Ed is going to completely flunk his German exam...he literally knows nothing...

:(

Very stressed now...

Ed seems to think that he can speak French with a German accent.
zorro

Post by zorro »

It could be worse - Latin with a German accent!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

No problem - I have been getting away with speaking French with a German accent for years. It makes me initially very unpopular on our holidays in France:

"Zut Alors! La Ros-bif, elle parle la francais avec un accent allemand! Quel horreur!"

Once I get into my stride they warm to me though, mainly through pity. :D

The accent doesn't matter in language exams - vocab and grammar are more important.

S-A
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Ed's mum wrote:Oh dearie, dearie me...Ed is going to completely flunk his German exam...he literally knows nothing...

:(

Very stressed now...

Ed seems to think that he can speak French with a German accent.

Ahem, I take it all back...he got an A!!!! He admits it definitely had something to do with the crib notes I ended up writing for him the night before his exam (which he looked at in the car on the way to school!!)
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Ed's mum wrote:Ahem, I take it all back...he got an A!!!! He admits it definitely had something to do with the crib notes I ended up writing for him the night before his exam (which he looked at in the car on the way to school!!)
Well done Clever Master Ed! :D I'm sure the crib notes helped, but not enough for him to get an A! (he didn't get the Headmaster Bursary for nothing)
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

well done Young Ed!

I laughed at the French with German accent. Thanks to a former colleague of mine there are children in Deepest Kent who speak Spanish with a broad Belfast accent!