Tiffin School

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Etienne wrote:A few words from you, herman, are like a tonic ....:D
... thanks etienne.... even better if we can have a little gin with the tonic :wink:
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I couldn't agree more (about the gin). I am sure that you are indeed a tonic too HM!
KES Parent

Post by KES Parent »

I must say, Herman, I don't think I would have been as gracious as you if some new bug with less than 24 hours membership had had the nerve to ask me why I had joined the forum! :shock: What a fine example you are to the rest of us.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

KES Parent wrote:I must say, Herman, I don't think I would have been as gracious as you if some new bug with less than 24 hours membership had had the nerve to ask me why I had joined the forum! :shock: What a fine example you are to the rest of us.
:wink: KEHS must have taught me something all those years ago!!! ... BTW our friend Notsgink seems to have disappeared
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

KES Parent wrote:I must say, Herman, I don't think I would have been as gracious as you if some new bug with less than 24 hours membership had had the nerve to ask me why I had joined the forum! :shock: What a fine example you are to the rest of us.
eek..what's happening?
Are we in an attack mode? :shock: :shock:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

No, its tongue and cheek!
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:No, its tongue and cheek!
em..I wasn't asking you, T.i.p.s.y.
:?
notsgink

Post by notsgink »

Well as long as we get someone who believes in the grammar school philosophy thats all I care about.......Oh, look out people of Kent our old head is heading to Folkstone
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

notsgink wrote:Well as long as we get someone who believes in the grammar school philosophy thats all I care about.......Oh, look out people of Kent our old head is heading to Folkstone
Is he off to the Harvey? Hopefully he'll pull it up a bit. OH went there and it wasn't much better back then.

Regardless of who becomes head, he/she'll change their views to whatever the school is. I've seen this so many times at independents when they fill their prospecti with the pro's of single sex only to backtrack when falling numbers make them change to coed. Another example is Chris Woodhead, a not so long ago Labour educationalist, who has all of a sudden become head of a profit-making independent consortium - everything Labour stands against!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

No, he is going to the Folksetone Academy. The Harvey has a new head and is doing well.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now