Admission Impossible

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

perplexed

Post by perplexed »

Ha, but that's only because you think I am joking.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

perplexed wrote:Ha, but that's only because you think I am joking.
If your kids are 2 and 4, what are you doing on here? How do you have the time? :o
perplexed

Post by perplexed »

The worksheets keep them happy while I surf the web. And they sleep well at night because they are mentally exhausted.
Rosette

Post by Rosette »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:Up to 3 hours each week night, 4 hours on Sat and Sun plus 2 hours a week at a private tutor!
And he still only got on to the waiting list for Tiffin Boys. :shock:

That's it - we'll make it 4 hours each week night, 5 hours on Sat and Sun. But I draw the line at 2 visits per week to tutor. One is more than enough :wink:

If only we'd started when he was 2...
Rosette
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Rosette wrote:
T.i.p.s.y wrote:Up to 3 hours each week night, 4 hours on Sat and Sun plus 2 hours a week at a private tutor!
And he still only got on to the waiting list for Tiffin Boys. :shock:

That's it - we'll make it 4 hours each week night, 5 hours on Sat and Sun. But I draw the line at 2 visits per week to tutor. One is more than enough :wink:

If only we'd started when he was 2...
I'm sure that boy was above average and even bright BUT if he only got on the waiting list to Tiffins after all of that then I do wonder if he would be the type of boy that would struggle at Grammar school. I know a fair amount of pushy parents and it makes them look like Hippy Parents in comparison! :lol:
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

I believe there is a certain amount of 'leg pulling' going on here :wink:

Time for bed, methinks.
melinda

Post by melinda »

as this was made in 2006 perhaps they should make a follow up programme to find out
A)how that boy is doing now
B)how the girls (one of whom failed to get into her chosen school) are coping and where they ended up
C) if their parents are still happy/unhappy with the outcome.

they've made worse programmes!! :lol:

pointless post, I know, but it's a saturday evening and I find myself killing time whilst Match of the Day is on!!!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Bewildered wrote:I believe there is a certain amount of 'leg pulling' going on here :wink:

Time for bed, methinks.
Huh - you should be so lucky - just got to proof read the first draft of the 3 year olds PhD thesis. :wink:
.... mmm now what's the title??? "inequality in leg length amongst contributors to the elevenplusexams forum"
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Not a useless post Melinda. I said exactly the same to OH 5 minutes into the doc.

It would be good to see how the kids got on who ended up at the local comp because I do think lots of us parents have an irrational fear of certain schools, and I'm sure it would help us all to get rid of our misconceptions. Of course they could be having an awful time and that will panic us even more! :roll:
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

hermanmunster wrote: Huh - you should be so lucky - just got to proof read the first draft of the 3 year olds PhD thesis. :wink:
.... mmm now what's the title??? "inequality in leg length amongst contributors to the elevenplusexams forum"
:lol:

Must agree with Etienne, HM, a tonic as always :D