HELP and Opinions on "liquid" nightclub

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

my two have been to similar events at our local club. At first I was very wary, but it is well organised (as was said before they do not want to lose their licence) and we made sure that we took them and picked them up.

You are right, this phase is terrifying, sometimes worse than when they were tiny when you could make all teh decisions for them. It is a gradual lengthening of the apron strings until they don't realise they are there.

If they are going to get up to mischief they will no matter what the venue.
Some of the scout/guide parties I went to were dreadful looking back!!
another mother

Post by another mother »

And don't you remember how hard it is being a teenager but having very few places you can go to!? I think it's great if they take small steps out there into relatively safe enviroments but without us shadowing their every move - otherwise they will be out of their depth in a couple of years as so many other sensible posters are saying!
If you aren't prepared to have a teenage party - and I can't say I am- then the poor things are very stuck.
West Kent

Post by West Kent »

After carefully considering all the valuable and well thought out points I have decided not to allow her to go on this occassion. I still think 14 is just a little to young to be introduced to this scene. I also feverently believe that if I had agreed I would be handing to her keys of doors I do not want her to go through. She was a bit upset but she will get over it.

Thank you all