Volcano geography project...HELP!!

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Miss Magwich

Post by Miss Magwich »

I'm sure all those things are vital life skills.
:) Miss Magwich :)
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Not in themselves but these sorts of activities do develop the ability to think laterally which IS highly valued -
Miss Magwich

Post by Miss Magwich »

If only you could obtain those skills without having to do these mind numbingly boring projects. Surely in the time spent doing this you could have obtained the ability to think whilst doing something more worthwhile? I would be interested to know what projects are needed for people to learn to 'think laterally'. If they are more of the same then I am afraid that I will am totally devoid of these 'life skills'. How sad.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

For people who enjoy the challenge of thinking laterally then these projects are not mind numbingly boring.

by the way taking the evidence before me and thinking laterally Dickens characters and a certain literary style point to more than a coincidence
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I agree with that Yoyo, definitely one person agreeing with herself in various guises!!

As for the volcano project...once Ed had been strongly encouraged (!) to do it, he really enjoyed the practical element and his imagination really took over as he constructed it. Aside from this, he also did lots of research and found many ways of combining different chemicals to produce reactions.

The finished product looked fantastic and worked really well. On Thursday he found out that he had been nominated for a Distinction which seems to be one up from the usual Credit that they are awarded. He was so proud!
magwich2

Volcano geography project... help

Post by magwich2 »

Not at all - there are 3 of us who cannot stand political correctness and a further 2 who dislike it intensely!!!!!

Prepare to hear from Dr Magwich and Magwich minimus!!!
Miss Magwich

Post by Miss Magwich »

Just to make it clear: I am in Year 11 and I am Magwich2's daughter.
LA

Volcano project

Post by LA »

Life is complicated and there is more to it than a clear pencil case in an exam room.

As you progress through your life you may find that most answers are not contained in a test paper and the resulting certificate.

Of course, everone is entitled to their opinion but please do not look down your nose at those with an opinion contrary to yours. Or is this a valuable life skill I have missed while making my volcano?
dadofkent

Re: Volcano geography project... help

Post by dadofkent »

magwich2 wrote:Not at all - there are 3 of us who cannot stand political correctness and a further 2 who dislike it intensely!!!!!

Prepare to hear from Dr Magwich and Magwich minimus!!!
Can't wait.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now