Low attendance at secondary school

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
serialtester

Post by serialtester »

Pythagoras spent a fair bit of time messing around with triangles and it didn't do him any harm.
serialtester

Re: low attendance at secondary schoo

Post by serialtester »

Miss Magwich wrote: I do not see art, dt or ft as an education and therefore I do not see them as something I have to attend....Surely it should be our choice as to whether we have to do them?
You're going to get a heck of a shock when you grow up and enter the world of work.....
Miss Magwich

Post by Miss Magwich »

I hope to work hard at school and employ myself in some work that is actually worthwhile.
:) Miss Magwich :)
serialtester

Post by serialtester »

Also what about respect? Whether individuals are 'enjoying' lessons, or think they're a waste of time the teaching staff HAVE to put in a **** of a lot of effort to ensure that their pupils reach a required standard.

Maybe teachers should be able to have the ability to not bother teaching certain kids because they don't want to/it would be a waste of time?

It seems like an incredibly immature and self centered attitude quite frankly!! This notion of not bothering with things because I don't like it/it's too hard/I can't do it really sets my teeth on edge.
Miss Magwich

Post by Miss Magwich »

I have no problem with working hard and I don't have any problem with the teachers who are teaching an enjoyable subject to those who enjoy it. I am simply asking the question as to whether it is necessary or useful for people to be learning these subjects when we could be focusing our attention on other, more wothwhile studies. As to the question of respect, I may not enjoy a subject or find it particularly riveting but I still work my hardest at it and behave in a respectful way to the teacher. I'm sure the teacher themself would prefer not to teach some pupils and in many cases it is a waste of time. We only have to look at the number of teenage pregnancies and crimes to see that.
:) Miss Magwich :)
Tattycoram

Post by Tattycoram »

Miss Magwich wrote:I hope to work hard at school and employ myself in some work that is actually worthwhile.
Exactly.

:D :D :D
Tattycoram
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now