Netbooks

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Milla

Post by Milla »

do you know, that might as well have been written in Latvian. I clicked on the link and that was in Serbo Croat.
Now steeped in gloom for being able merely to bleat on the sidelines and not understand a bleeding word of the very help that I've sought. No wonder all I want is a glorified typewriter.
Thanks Sassie's Dad. Don't mean to sound snippy, but def hoping not the only dimbo. If my handwriting weren't like barbed wire, I'd advise myself to stick to pen and paper. :cry:

EDIT went back onto link, thinking: don't be so wet, Milla. And noticed that, for me, the page loaded in the middle. When I scrolled up, I could see something saying "what is Xubuntu?" What, indeed, I told myself. So I clicked and it was all in English and all made sense. Ish. So am feeling less thick now.
marigold

Post by marigold »

Don't worry Milla, it made me feel queasy just reading it.

I have recently been sent some work information in "publisher " and after about 2 weeks of looking at the original email and sobbing into my coffee I eventually came clean and got my husband to do what ever was required so I could read it.
He, however is unaware how to turn on the washing machine.
Milla

Post by Milla »

:lol: :lol:
I was thinking I'd stick to the stirring the saucepan. Safer all round.
And thanks to Sassie's Dad for encouraging PM! (just so no-one thinks he's tossing his curls thinking, "women! sheesh, how thick can you be")
KB

Post by KB »

Don't worry marigold.
I'm quite IT literate and find that Publisher is often used by those with too much time on their hands to produce over-complicated documents that are difficult to read without the right software. :lol:
Never be afraid to tell a computer geek you don't understand & get them to explain how to deal with a problem in a simple way. The ones who really know what they are talking about will be happy to help :wink:
marigold

Post by marigold »

Thank you KB for your reassuring words.

I would like to think I am not as half witted as I appear to be regarding IT matters but I suspect I am. As long as I can get on the forum, sell a few bits on ebay and play solitaire, I am happy.
Milla

Post by Milla »

marigold wrote:As long as I can get on the forum, sell a few bits on ebay and play solitaire, I am happy.
oh dear, have only managed to buy a few bits :cry: Inevitably, can't face learning how to upload images (even that phrase makes me depressed) for the selling bit.
marigold

Post by marigold »

Have to admit my daughter does all that uploading bit for me.
mad?

Post by mad? »

marigold wrote:Have to admit my daughter does all that uploading bit for me.
DH for me...
mad?
mad?

Re: Compromise

Post by mad? »

Sassie'sDad wrote:Simples! .

Sassie's Dad, never in the history of the forum has one word been so wrong :lol: :shock: I'm off for a lie down, I may be some time.
mad?
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

:lol: :lol:

I only briefly understand it because OH has it on his laptop, or I would be clueless too