School trips - voluntary contribution

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tense

Re: School trips - voluntary contribution

Post by tense »

Oh Amber I do hope you're right. My DD thinks everyone else will pay up :shock:

Yes KS10, it is the same school - I think another mum expressed shock recently about the price of rugby tops! But this is my first moan about the school in 2 years. My DD is so happy there & I've no complaints about anything else - I am sure your DS will love it.
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

Actually Amber, Barbados are pretty strong at netball, bizarrely. :D For example I think their women’s team is in the world’s top 10. That said, I’m sure you’re absolutely right to assume that schools (sometimes? often?) choose sports tours on the basis of where the teachers would like to go…
Amber

Post by Amber »

Well, Rob, you will by now have gathered by my 2 gaffes (tennis for tots and now netball in Barbados) that I do not have my finger on the pulse of sport. Sad but true.
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

Amber, I shouldn’t worry about it, it really isn’t important, just thought you’d find it mildly amusing :) Knowing that Barbados are surprisingly good at netball doesn’t actually matter (well, unless you’re a Bajan netball player, I guess). I only happen to know it because a) I’m researching/writing this sort of stuff every day and b) I have Bajan relatives.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

The netball world rankings make fascinating reading for any PE teacher hoping to top up their tan.

Mike
Amber

Post by Amber »

You know what Rob? I wasn't worried about it! My brain is so full of other clutter, some of it useful, most of it not, that the world netball rankings have just dropped right off the end.

You are right that I found it amusing. It certainly would have been so if they are that good and DD's school went to play them. They are not renowned for netball (and don't you try telling me otherwise!)

Bet I could catch you out on chicken keeping though? Or Russian verbs of motion? 8)
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

The netball world rankings make fascinating reading for any PE teacher hoping to top up their tan.
So cynical, Mike! :lol:

In fact, if you’re looking at Caribbean islands, Jamaica are something of a super-power at netball, but then again you can get hurricanes on Jamaica…
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now