PRE

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

scary mum

Re: PRE

Post by scary mum »

Was trying to forget that, Scarlett. It was the javelin that I threw backwards, and yes I fell over the hurdles. I really don't remember much about winter PE ("games"), but I did quite like netball. When DD started playing I did buy her a pair of gloves early on so I must have remembered raw hands.
scary mum
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Mmm your experiences are making me feel that yes, P.E and R.E are probably related...we are taught to think christian thoughts to the afflicted . :P
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

Thanks push-pull-mum that sounds right. Hopefully we will get some info about it soon as it has apparently just been made a compulsory early GCSE.

re. PE we had the laziest PE teacher in the world, all winter we did cross country running in the cold so she could sit in the changing room with her cup of coffee and a stopwatch waiting for us to come back :evil:
Kesteven

Post by Kesteven »

At my son's new school the subject is called PRS [philosophy and religious studies]. DS asks why his curriculum shouldn't be secular? Good question, I say, then I mumble something about cultural importance of the traditions and Christian heritage of this country by way of explanation.
TeamD

Post by TeamD »

A local Grammar offers A-level PRE and it stands for Philosophy of Religion and Ethics!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now