Food tech evaluation help please

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

KB

Re: Food tech evaluation help please

Post by KB »

Not so sure about the pudding but main course sounds delicious!
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Tinkers, my friends girl aged 13 recently did a come dine with me weekend with her friends during half term, not judged, but same format otherwise, with menus and tables laid out etc, they had a blast. Perhaps baby tinkers and her friends would enjoy that over Easter?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Miss Tinkers has never watched it, and I haven't seen much more than a couple of minutes ( saw too much b itching in that time to want to watch any more).

However I'm sure she would love the idea.

She has already decided that this evenings meal is now her favourite meal and can't wait to cook it at the weekend for DH.

The dessert worked. The melted chocolate set on the semi frozen fruit.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I hope you are evaluating her efforts :lol:
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Guest55 wrote:I hope you are evaluating her efforts :lol:
Yes, I told her it was lovely and asked her how she thought she could improve it. :lol:

I then got a long monologue about how she could use different meat, different veg, add spices like cumin. Use rice instead of pasta.

The works.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

9/10 more detail needed ...
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Tinkers wrote:
Guest55 wrote:I hope you are evaluating her efforts :lol:
Yes, I told her it was lovely and asked her how she thought she could improve it. :lol:

I then got a long monologue about how she could use different meat, different veg, add spices like cumin. Use rice instead of pasta.

The works.
:lol: I love kids!

So basically she could have cooked beef and veg curry with rice instead!

Ds1 did physics homework on electromagnetism tonight, he completed it then proudly told me that during his research he discovered all dogs poo facing magnetic north! Obviously with two dogs we know this is twaddle, but don't you just love their naivety and how that piece of nonsense was more important to him than anything else he had learnt whilst doing his homework!

He apparently cooked garlic dough balls today...all eaten before arriving home! He hasn't done an evaluation in weeks?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Was chatting to Miss Tinkers last night about her favourite subjects, and the topic of food tech came up.

She came put with an interesting comment made by one of the TAs to another girl.
'You should pick to do food tech as a GCSE, you always get As in your evaluations'

This girl has never really cooked or baked before. She feels she has to practise each recipe at home beforehand, still struggles sometimes in the lesson and is in awe of DDs creations.

Food tech really isn't about teaching them to cook. I sort of knew that already, but when someone who struggles to bake or cook gets better marks than someone who is quite competent, it sort of makes me question the assessment.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Finally I can put you all out of your misery. The results are in.

'We' finally got an A for a food tech evaluation. :D No other comments.

The treacle tart she has made today is also very nice, with the added advantage that Miss Tinkers doesn't like pastry so she doesn't want any. More for us. Her first attempt at making pastry too.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Yah! Well done both :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now