Teaching morals to a preteen

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Yamin151

Re: Teaching morals to a preteen

Post by Yamin151 »

pheasantchick wrote:Yamin - I misread Mac cheese as Mcdonalds cheeseburger - thought that's not very healthy, and then realised you probably meant macaroni cheese! :lol: t
:lol: yes, I regularly find myself forcing a macdonalds hamburger into a thermos flask, mmmmm, lovely! Easier with nuggets tbh!!
KB

Post by KB »

Only little bit to add would be that with such a big thing hanging over your daughter as possibly moving to a different country I would contact the school to let them know then the staff can keep a look out for any signs of stress at school and make sure that she gets any extra emotional support that she needs. They can also be careful not to put her under extra pressure and not to 'go on' too much about the GS that she might not get to go to in the end.
You can make clear that any information you give them is to be kept confidential and if you are concerned you can ask that the information is only shared with the Head teacher and Class teacher.
ptolemy

Post by ptolemy »

KB wrote:Only little bit to add would be that with such a big thing hanging over your daughter as possibly moving to a different country I would contact the school to let them know then the staff can keep a look out for any signs of stress at school and make sure that she gets any extra emotional support that she needs. They can also be careful not to put her under extra pressure and not to 'go on' too much about the GS that she might not get to go to in the end.
You can make clear that any information you give them is to be kept confidential and if you are concerned you can ask that the information is only shared with the Head teacher and Class teacher.
Thanks, KB. I hadn't thought of that, but it seems a good idea. Had parents evening a couple of weeks back, they didn't bring up anything but I suppose if they have the information, they might look out for any signs of stress.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now