Good website for all subjects learning

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
southbucks3

Re: Good website for all subjects learning

Post by southbucks3 »

russet wrote:I have used BBC Bitesize if my child has been off ill, just to make sure she has done some work on topics she has missed. For arts and humanities subjects, about which I know nothing, I think it is better than nothing and my child quite likes doing the topics from site. However, it does not have the same depth as her school work.
In the wonderful age of technology, my son and his friends simply take shots of their class work on their school ipads in lesson and forward it to mates who have missed a lesson. My son was disgusted by the efficiency of his friend recently as he received his mates geography notes via his school iPad messenger service before he had even finished waiting for his hospital appointment, let alone returned to school, it made me chuckle!

Agree to BBC bitesize every time though, or sites the school directs children to. Also fully agree that studying around the subject in year 7 is unnecessary unless directed to do so by teachers. Studying a subject prior to its teaching just makes lessons even more boooooring, like watching a film twice in quick succession, but watching the directors cut and extras on the second viewing.
moseleymum

Re: Good website for all subjects learning

Post by moseleymum »

Agree with all the suggestions so far.

All of my children have access to their respective school's intranet (Moodle and the like) which have links to school approved websites and resources. There are also resources formulated by the teachers themselves with practice questions etc. I usually refer them there first before everything else.