KEY STAGE 3 BOOKS-ENGLISH

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

KEY STAGE 3 BOOKS-ENGLISH

Post by Guest »

Hi ,
Does anyone know of an english programme or text book which covers the whole key stage 3 sylabus?,I would also be interested in software programmes on or offline progammes. Does anyone do kumon english out there? Any comments? My child is in year 7 ,but his written english leaves much to be desired! Am concerned as english underpins most of the other subjects.I want to sort the problem out now before it becomes a' mountain'.There are a lot of books out there ,but I would like recommendations.Can any one help? Guest 55 are you there.
many thanks
katel

Post by katel »

Why not ask the school to recommend one? That way you'll be working together - I know tht some teachers don't like children doing Kumon maths for example, because it "fights" with what they are doing at school and it can be counter-productive.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Sorry I'm a mathematician :lol:

You could try www.bbc.co.uk/schools

Post by Guest »

oh really,i didn't realise that about kumon ,many thanks anyway.For both your replies.
Guest555

Maths & English

Post by Guest555 »

Hi

On a similar note, my daughter still wants to study Maths and English at home now that the 11+ is over. She doesn't feel challenged at school and wants to keep moving ahead. Does anyone have any suggestions about what I could do with her? Any books she could follow?

Thanks.
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Hi,

We went straight into KS2 revision to continue the momentum and then looked at KS3 books from CGP. It worked for us. :)

stevew61
Guest555

thanks

Post by Guest555 »

Thanks Stevew61

I'll check those out.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Guest555

I always recommend www.nrich.maths.org - using the curriculum link on the left you can find activities linked to what pupils are doing in school
katel

Post by katel »

All I can say is I feel sorry for all these year 7 children having to do extra work. With her homework and her out of school activities my daughter has barely had a moment to call her own since she started secondary school - and I want her to spend those moments flopping, or playing with her brother, or messing about , not doing extra work!

Post by Guest »

Well you are the lucky one!! At least your child gets homework and probably gets a decent level of support in school. Not all of our children do
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now