stroudydad

Re: STEM league tables

Post by stroudydad »

Tinkers wrote:Auto uncorrect I suspect, for Doodles
Eek... now corrected
Surferfish

Post by Surferfish »

Sounds like someone's drunk too much Soju...
doodles

Post by doodles »

Amber, don't knock it, I don't know about you but it's a long time since I been referred to as cool :lol: :lol:
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Amber

Post by Amber »

doodles wrote:Amber, don't knock it, I don't know about you but it's a long time since I been referred to as cool :lol: :lol:
Well actually I have been, but only by some of my younger foreign colleagues and with the unwritten 'for your age' caveat, which is a double-edged compliment really I think. I met an old friend recently who I hadn't seen for 30 years and she was all posh in her work clothes and I, er, wasn't and she said 'you still look like a student', which I am, but still.

Not considered cool by my kids, I hasten to add, who find the sight of me in my leather jacket the most embarrassing thing they have ever seen and have made allusions to 'age appropriate clothing' once or twice. When I tried to buy some DMs recently they were visibly cringing. OH said go for it, they implied agonisedly that it would be social death for them...I still haven't made my mind up and they are in the box upstairs.

Someone is going to tell us off soon for taking this thread off topic, I fear.

Though maybe that is the best thing to do with league tables of all kinds.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I've been considering DMs too, Amber. I'm not sure my lot would notice unless I got some of those bright pink ones & wore them with a dress!
Natural scientist here, not cool, obviously, but I can bake. As long as it's got apples in it at the moment!
scary mum
doodles

Post by doodles »

Ah, well being a real live Sociology graduate (with all their limbs still intact) I'm finding this whole thread fascinating :wink:
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I’ve just bought a pair of DMs. DD likes them. She has her own DM shoes (for School, the only schools that can withstand whatever brutal treatment she doles out on shoes) and DM boots.

She is after another pair for Christmas. The black ones with red roses on.

We are different sizes so can’t borrow each other’s shoes.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

I'm fascinated too.. why can't we use the emoticons on our keypad yet, and still needing to use the forum ones.. STEM in action..
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now