KS3 REVISION GUIDE

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
yvonne

KS3 REVISION GUIDE

Post by yvonne »

Can someone please help!!
i need to get some revision packs for KS3 maths, english and science and dont know which ones are the best.
ymcc
stevew61

Re: KS3 REVISION GUIDE

Post by stevew61 »

yvonne wrote: need to get some revision packs for KS3 maths, english and science
Have sent you a PM with info. on the product we like and use.
yvonne

KS3 revision guide

Post by yvonne »

thanks a lot Steve .

I have some of them
my only concern is that the teachers have asked him to prepare at level 7-8 for maths and sciemce and wannted to make sure that he has a proper guide , as i understand that the marking system for grades 6-8are much stricter than for grades 5-7.
i dont know how true this is , but would hate for him to be disadvantaged by not having sufficient revision material.
ymcc
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

For maths we had to buy the GCSE book to support Year 7 work. :shock:

As they do a topic they extend it from KS3 into GCSE and often the homework has an optional impossible question given the time available and other subjects requiring attention. But nice to know they are being stretched.

stevew61
Hilda

Post by Hilda »

If your child is in year 9, there is nothing like looking at old sats papers. These can be downloaded free on *****

I think you will find answers there too. Beware though, because teachers will usually use an old on for a mock sats in about March so make sure you hide that one from your child to make the mock realistic.

Hilda
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now