references

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bubbles123

references

Post by bubbles123 »

Hi all, My daughter needs a reference for volunteering at a local netball club (she is 14) just wondering whether she should ask her form tutor or a another teacher that she prefers much more (she's had both for a year) or does it not matter at this stage. I assumed it would be her form tutor however she only sees her for about a a couple of hours a week. Is it acceptable for my daughter to approach her subject teachers ?
Thanks
hermanmunster

Re: references

Post by hermanmunster »

I suspect it would be fine to ask either, if the school has any sort of policy about who does them then they will let her know when she asks
KB

Post by KB »

+1

Its helpful if your DD has something written down to give to whoever she asks. She should set out who/where the reference is to be sent to and what is required, either the criteria set out by the netball club or a brief outline of what she will be doing.

This makes life easier for the teacher and its also good practice for future job applications.

A small thank you for the teacher isnt a bad idea - a few home made cookies or a small packet of fancy fudge/chocolates maybe.
bubbles123

Post by bubbles123 »

Thank you