Junior Mathematical Olympiad

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sj355

Post by sj355 »

My son is in year 7 and just received his mark in the Junior UK Maths Challenge which all the pupils from his school took: he achieved the second best mark (shared with another boy) in the school ( 77 ) and got a gold award. I was very happy and proud. Then I asked him what the first one got: 99!! I dropped dead...
sj355
perplexed

Post by perplexed »

Hi tipsy
I have a big gap (nearly 14 years between the oldest and the youngest) between my teenage stepchildren who live here every other weekend, and our own two little ones. So it was my husband who started all over again, not me! But I'm an old mother so it's pretty wearing at times.

Hence why my interest in the 11plus started way too early. I helped my stepson prepare for the maths paper he sat in Jan 2006. His school newletter keeps on talking about the Maths Olympiad so I keep on meaning to find out more.
njugran

Re: Junior Mathematical Olympiad

Post by njugran »

Hello,

My son is in Year 6 and would like to enter in Junior Mathematical Challange. Not sure how I can apply for him? Please advise.

Thanks
mike1880

Re: Junior Mathematical Olympiad

Post by mike1880 »

From the UKMT website:
How do I take part?

The competition is aimed at students based in the UK. Entries must be made by registered UKMT centres, not private tutors, individual students or their parents.
https://www.ukmt.org.uk/competitions/so ... -challenge" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Most schools take part as far as I'm aware, if yours doesn't you might contact them to ask them why not and to encourage them to do so.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now