key stage 3 SAT resullts

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Pensby

key stage 3 SAT resullts

Post by Pensby »

I was wondering how many out there haven't had their results yet?
My DD went back to year 10 last Wed and has not been given her results yet,the school seem very vague when she asked aboutn them.
I know they aren't that importaant but when you've seen your child revise and worry it would be nice to get some feedback!
Is her schhol the exception ?
Thanks Pensby
chad

Post by chad »

My son is still waiting for science and English. The science results have just come in (so should be given out soon) and..... according to my son....it may be 6 weeks before they get their English results. Not sure why!
Pensby

Post by Pensby »

Thanks Chad
Nice to know she's not the only one,everyone I know has had their kids,would be nice to a least be given a dtae though !
Pensby
Sam's Mum

Post by Sam's Mum »

Still waiting for ours too. They have arrived at school but are "incomplete and awaiting confirmation". It's so irritating when the kids have had SATs rammed down their throats for most of Yr 9. I've always felt that they are detrimental to our children's education anyway - but to go through all this and then have to wait so long for results, which may or may not be reliable - it's just a joke. The sooner they abolish KS3 SATs the better.

(gets down from soapbox!)
chad

Post by chad »

Very true Sam's Mum.

DS did his KS3 Sats in Year 8.... in his words 'because they don't get put on anybody's CV and it is best to get them out the way and concentrate on GCSE's'
The school could get higher Sats results in the league tables by delaying it a year (to Y 9) but they say it doesn't benefit the children.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Many schools have sent papers back - my child still awaiting English.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

science and maths are back but not english...
Pensby

Post by Pensby »

Thanks for the replys,DD got results yesterday and was delighted,she got 2 7's and an 8 in maths,so said it was well worth the wait!
hope everyone else kids get theirs sorted soon
Pensby
scatshouse

Post by scatshouse »

Hi,

I read somewhere that this year is possibly the last year for SATs in England, to be replaced with assessments tailored to the abiltiy of each child. Anyone else heard this?

Daughter is to take them in year 9 next year and was well miffed when I told her they could be the last ones :D .
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Not quite true - next year's papers are written so they will go ahead.

What might happen in 2010 is that the single-level tests will be used so this will be a bit like music exams in that you sit level 6 when your teacher thinks you are ready (two sittings a year). So there will still be tests -

The decision has not been made but the single level tests are already being trialled ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7604467.stm
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now