CGP NVR - 10min tests - are they hard ?

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Exams2018

CGP NVR - 10min tests - are they hard ?

Post by Exams2018 »

DD whizzed through bond assessment papers and 10 min tests (10-11+)

She found bond 10-11+ stretch papers super hard. We did a couple of papers and gave up. We then picked up CGP 10 min tests (ages 10-11) and DD finds them hard too (not as hard as stretch though).

Please can someone help me understand what standard is expected for Kent and Newstead exams? Do your children find CGP NVR hard? or is it just my DD? :(
tahm563

Re: CGP NVR - 10min tests - are they hard ?

Post by tahm563 »

We started with CGP papers and stuck with it. DD only recently tried the bond 10-11 and found it much easier than CGP. We haven't tried Bond stretch.

Sorry we aren't from Kent, so can't advise on that.
orlando

Post by orlando »

Yes I think they are very hard. My daughter seemed ok with the 9-10 ones but is really struggling with the 10-11 ones, even though she has done ok in all the couple of mocks she has sat and her tutor seems happy with her. I did it blind with my first daughter as we self-tutored but I don't recall her struggling like this with them. Perhaps they have got harder? Started panicking a bit, tutor said to put them aside and not stress over them. HTH.
lapindebois

Post by lapindebois »

We've found the CGP papers FAR harder than any other NVR stuff. Like the previous poster, we just decided not to do any more - my son wasn't learning anything from them, he was just getting demoralised.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now