Net of Cubes Help Please

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sonia

Net of Cubes Help Please

Post by Sonia »

Dear All,

I am home tutoring my DS (currently in Year 4) but completely stuck at net of cubes.

Please can anyone share some good resources that can help me first so that I can explain in to him in detail ( I have checked some youtube videos but of no help)

I will be extremely thankful.
helen0209

Re: Net of Cubes Help Please

Post by helen0209 »

Have you tried making them with him? Sometimes doing it makes it easier to understand.

https://www.helpingwithmath.com/printab ... area03.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The above link gives you some nets that you can print and cut out so he can see how some make a cube and others don’t. He may still be a bit young to fully understand?
Sonia

Post by Sonia »

helen0209 wrote:Have you tried making them with him? Sometimes doing it makes it easier to understand.

https://www.helpingwithmath.com/printab ... area03.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The above link gives you some nets that you can print and cut out so he can see how some make a cube and others don’t. He may still be a bit young to fully understand?
Thanks Helen,

Are there are other rules to teach them?

Is it a good idea to tell DS to make an educated guess and do not spend too too much time on these nets questions (if they come in the exam) and in the end running short of time for the rest of the questions.
thisisap76

Post by thisisap76 »

Buy a nets and cubes physical sample from Amazon
JemimahPlus

Post by JemimahPlus »

Hi @Sonia! I echo the advice of @helen0209.

We, too, made cubes with different symbols on each face. We assembled them and then made them back into nets. It helped.

A confession: I'm bad at this stuff and it always was a headache for me, too!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now