Help needed with IPS pack E paper 1 and paper 2 questions

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
scooby1

Help needed with IPS pack E paper 1 and paper 2 questions

Post by scooby1 »

Could anyone help with paper 1 section C question 3 it says the correct answer is D but we think it is B.

Paper 2 I am confused with questions 3 and 5 in section B and 4 and 10 section D. How do they reach their answers.

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

Can I also ask how difficult are the IPS papers? Thye seem to be much harder than the NFER, which is what they are suppose to be equivalent too.

Thanks
fm

Post by fm »

In question 3, it is D because it is the only one which does not have a black square attached to a white triangle.
In paper 2, section B, question 3, it would be C because it is the only one with the shape under the main shape as opposed to being beside it. The corner of the triangle is tucked underneath. In question 5, the answer will be D because the rest have an equal number of arrows pointing up as down.
In question 4 in D, it will be C because it is the only one which also has 3 whites, 2 greys and a black. In 10, it's E because this is the only parallelogram that will rotate to fit the two parallelograms in the box. The rest are orientated in the other direction.

I have not got the answers but I hope these are right.

I sometimes use these papers for extra practice if a child is still having difficulties with any particular sections before I finally give them NFER but only if I have run out of other types. While most questions are probably about NFER level, I find some a little doubtful. I certainly wouldn't read much into a child's score in these as I remember my own child not scoring terribly well about a week before she score 39/40 in the real exam.