Nfer NVR 11B - Help please!

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Twinkle

Nfer NVR 11B - Help please!

Post by Twinkle »

My DS has just completed Nfer NVR 11B. He has got four of the questions wrong and I am completely unable to explain the answers to him and he can't understand the answers either. Can anyone let me have an explanation??

The questions are "

Section 4, Question 5 ( answers is a),
Section 4 Question 8 ( answer is a),
Section 4 Question 10 ( answer is d)
Section 4 Question 12 ( answer is a)

Thanks in anticipation!
bcookerblum

Post by bcookerblum »

have asked my son
answer to the first and third ones he says it just looked like it should be those ones LOL, I'd be interested to know a better reason though if anyone knows! The second and fourth ones are to do with the number of sides.
Twinkle

Post by Twinkle »

Thanks. I now understand answers 2 and 4 - that makes a lot of sense. Your son's explanation of answers 1 and 3 really made me laugh. The funny thing is that in the case of Question 10, my DS thought that d, the answer, was so obviously one that could be eliminated - and I agree!!

So if anyone can explain the answers Questions 5 and 10 in any other way I would be most grateful!!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

question 8

if you count the number of sides of the shapes inside the circle, they add up to 12

(6+6) (3+4+5)

a has 3 squares (4+4+4)

question 10 reflective symmetry

question 12 number of sides =10

question 5 possibly symmetry on a vertical line?? (which would rule out b
Twinkle

Post by Twinkle »

Yoyo - what do you mean by reflective symmetry in relation to Question 10? Sorry to sound dim but NVR is not my strongest subject!

Thanks

Twinkle
Twinkle

Post by Twinkle »

Yoyo - DS has just explained to me what reflective symmetry is and we are now both happy with the answer to Q 10. Thankyou!!

Can anyone help with question 5???
Twinkle

Post by Twinkle »

Yoyo - somehow I didn't see your explanation of Question 5 , first time around. Sorry. Yes - we agree with you and what makes me feel a bit better is that I had worked it out before I saw your answer ( having reflected on reflective symmetry!).

I'm so glad its my DS and not me who is taking the exam in September!!
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

We have just come unstuck with questions 8 and 12 but your explanations have made a mummy and daughter very happy! Thanks.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now