Help - Rotation in nets and cubes

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hopefulwoman

Help - Rotation in nets and cubes

Post by hopefulwoman »

I need suggestions as to how to help Dc on rotation questions in nets and cubes. Gets the edges (which face should be next to the other) and opposites but struggles when it is rotated. Any advice will be helpful.
southbucks3

Re: Help - Rotation in nets and cubes

Post by southbucks3 »

hopefulwoman wrote:I need suggestions as to how to help Dc on rotation questions in nets and cubes. Gets the edges (which face should be next to the other) and opposites but struggles when it is rotated. Any advice will be helpful.

Sorry...this will not help, but give dc a big squeeze on my behalf...I absolutely hate the rotation of nets puzzles, they drive me insane, I am sure they only include them to punish parents who are coaching their kids!
ronkevso

Post by ronkevso »

We need help with this too.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Make nets and then fold them up.

http://www.numeracycd.com/contents/main ... facube.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shape and space is an area some very able children struggle with.
Basil

Re: Help - Rotation in nets and cubes in nonverbal

Post by Basil »

Hi
can any parents have tips and tricks how to solve the square questions in non verbal.
an opened picture given and we have to find out which one doesn't make a square with ref to the picture . I know we should look which sides doesn't come near when its folded, other than that any other suggestions please....thanks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now