GL test 6

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ktw

GL test 6

Post by ktw »

My DS found this test really difficult and so did I! I have looked at a previous post for the solution to Section 2, Q11, but we are still stuck on Section 4, Q13. Please could someone explain it?
Venus2010

Re: GL test 6

Post by Venus2010 »

If you notice the 1st shape on left it has two squares half filled and one quarter filled. Second shape on left side also has quater part filled on a vertical bar. Only D in answers has this feature, two circles half filled and one circle quarter filled. Hence, the answer is d.

Hope this helps
ktw

Post by ktw »

Thanks, I think I understand now. We have found this 2nd pack a lot harder.
londonmum35

Post by londonmum35 »

I have searched to find that post (mentioned above) for the answer to GL Test 6 Section 2 Q11, but cannot find it. Please can someone explain it again for me? Thanks! :roll:
lemondrop

Post by lemondrop »

All the large shapes contain a circle and one other shape, in (a) the circle is to the left of the other shape, in all other options the circle is to the right of the other shape, therefore the answer is (a).

Hope that helps.
londonmum35

Post by londonmum35 »

Thanks, it sounds embarrassingly easy but I couldn't see it.
ReplayMum

Post by ReplayMum »

My DD is also doing the 2nd pack, and is finding it lot more difficult.
She got 84% in Test 5, and 80% in Test 6. She was quite upset as she gets good marks (90s) in her NVR.
We had to do the pack 1 over teh weekend, to boost her confidence.
I am sure we all can't wait for this torture to end.
Good Luck to everyone
londonmum35

Post by londonmum35 »

Do you mind me asking what she is scoring in Pack 1 paper A? I know it's notoriously difficult, but my DD has just got 75% on first attempt. There's now no time to repeat it before the real exams in two weeks (without her remembering some of the answers at least). Just don't know if this is good enough for our 1st choice school, Henrietta Barnet. She's getting similar results in Pack 2 as yours, and 90s in the rest of Pack 1.
ReplayMum

Post by ReplayMum »

Hi londonmum35.
DD scored 70% on her first attempt around 3 months ago, and we repeated yesterday (she didn't rememeber doing it at all). And she got 88%. She was quite upset, as she wanted to get above 90%, but when I showed her the past mark on the same paper, she was quite pleased.

Don't worry too much, as it will be seen by your DD. I feel, as we should now do, is get them to do the NVR papers under the timed conditions so they are well aware of the timing. And any questions they miss out, let them do it afterwards, so they know that they shouldn't waste too much time on a question they do not know. Move on with the questions is the key point here.

Good luck to your DD.
lemondrop

Post by lemondrop »

The scores for these are really random and vary from child to child, DD got her best score on paper 5 (94% 1st time then 98% when repeated before Latymer exam, I gave her that one again to boost her confidence near the exam as I knew she'd done well on it) and her worst on paper 6 (75%)

I think a lot of it is how they are feeling at the time, how tired they are, what time of day it is etc.

I think the best thing we can do is plenty of timed practise and lots of finger crossing :?