Just starting out... is it too late??

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MumLincs

Just starting out... is it too late??

Post by MumLincs »

Well...following a surprisingly good parents evening we have been told to let our son go for Grammar. He is a late starter (August birthday), but the teacher reckons the rate at which he is catching up makes Grammar a possibility. Bit of a shock (a nice one), but now we have VR & NVR books on order to start home tutoring. I hope we have enough time and I feel everything is a bit rushed. Will be using the forum when needed - probably quite a lot!!! Any words of encouragement or handy tips welcomed..
Reading Mum

Re: Just starting out... is it too late??

Post by Reading Mum »

I'd also post a query in your local region as it varies - MC / STD, different test providers, etc.
willow_catkin

Post by willow_catkin »

Assuming your son is in Yr 5? I am just starting with my Yr5 DS too - reading things, around now is a good time to start.

I left it till May with DD as I thought they were covereing stuff at school but the standard of what they did there was much lower and timing-wise focused on the indie entrance exams in January so far too late!

I have just ordered / downloaded a load of VR papers too :)
MumLincs

Post by MumLincs »

Yes he is in yr5. Thankfully he is really keen to get on with it (not sure how long that will last!) Just waiting for the books to arrive and have found the free download section useful. Have also posted on the regions forum to get more specific advice.
StacatoMum

Post by StacatoMum »

Hi, we are on the same boat as you guys. We are just starting and I have just punched the order button for the materials that we could use for home tutoring. I need all the oars to do this as we actually are coming from Norwich and are intending to move to Buckingham next year. Also, it's like a cold water poured on me when I realised this morning that my DS who is in year 5 must take it this year, really thought it is something for next year (we definitely have no background about GS so I'm having a crash course here).

So, good luck to us all who just happened to start now- I'm really praying that it's not too late for any of us.

StaccatoMum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now