Started NVR ( & VR) but would like some advice.

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
YourLifeSuccess YLS

Started NVR ( & VR) but would like some advice.

Post by YourLifeSuccess YLS »

Hi all,

Son just started Year 4. Been doing / using a bit of Bond (in Year 2 & 3) and now started AE (Stephen Curran). The plan is to finish AE materials and then move on to GL, then do some test papers and finally do the mocks in Year 5.

Questions;

1. Is this a good strategy? ( He is aiming for Sutton & Kingston GS ) .

Or should I be

a) looking at other materials or
b). adjust / change my strategy? (I know tests could change by 2015 , so opinion will be appreciated).

2. Also, do we now use Letts new versions (i.e giraffe picture in front etc) and forget the GL old editions?

Same questions for VR (also using AE now) , or do I have to re-post this in VR thread?

Sorry if these have been answered before, I did try to search with uncertain results.

Thank you.

YLS

p/s Can't get into this DS DD DH thing, one of the things I find really annoying when I started on forums ! :-) Is DW for Dear Wife? Not seen that one. Who started it, mumsnet?!
Okanagan

Re: Started NVR ( & VR) but would like some advice.

Post by Okanagan »

The answer will depend upon where you are - so try to find out who sets the papers in your area, and that will govern what it's appropriate to practice. In some places it's easy - you know the publisher, and that publisher publishes pratise papers too, so you have no worries about the format. In other areas the publisher may have a standard format but not publish practise papers (eg Moray House) so you need to find out what's the nearest published equivalent. In other areas again (e.g those using CEM) there are not only no practise materials, but the format can change with no notice! And of course not all areas have both NVR and VR (or if you get CEM much of what they call VR is what other publishers call English).