Nfer test timing

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
SB

Nfer test timing

Post by SB »

I am confused of the Nfer Non verbal timing (again)!

I was reading the 'notes to parents' section from the Nfer NVR answer booklet. It is mentioned in there that each section (12 questions) to be timed for 6 minutes. So far my assumption was 10 minutes per section. I have NVR practice papers from Bond and AFN and both specify 50 minutes for 60 questions (5 sections, 12 questions in each).

Am I true in assuming that the Nfer format test will be conducted with 10 minutes per section and not 6 minutes? My child is sitting for the first (Nfer NVR) of two selection tests at Tiffin boys, Kingston on 1st December.

Appreciate sharing your experience.

Regards,
SB
Mel

Post by Mel »

Hello guest

My son recently done the Slough test which is 1 Maths 5o q in 50 minutes, 1 verbal 80 q in 50 minutes and 1 non verbal 40q in 20 minutes. My son said the maths was timed as normal with no breaks. The nv was done in sections. Hope it helps.

Mel

Post by Guest »

Hello Mel,

Thanks for the reply.

Was the Slough test based on Nfer format? If Nfer and 40 questions in non verbal do you know know how many sections where there??

My son did the Sutton Grammar last Saturday (26th) - 1 verbal 80 questions in 50 mins (Nfer format), 1 Maths and 1 English, both school's own format.

Regards,
Sheen
Carol

Post by Carol »

Hey there, my daughter is doing the same test but at the girls school.
One of her school friends said that she has to do 85 questions in 50 minutes, but i havn't confirmed that this is true.

Carol.

Post by Guest »

Hi Carol,

Thanks for the reply. It's all over now. I am posting the vnr Tiffin format in a new thread.

Regards,
SB
Sonia

Post by Sonia »

Anonymous wrote:Hi Carol,

Thanks for the reply. It's all over now. I am posting the vnr Tiffin format in a new thread.

Regards,
SB
Hi SB "I am posting the vnr Tiffin format in a new thread"what do mean by "in the new thread" please specfic as my child is sitting in dec 07