My daughter is hopeless when it comes to doing nvr..

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Carol

My daughter is hopeless when it comes to doing nvr..

Post by Carol »

Ok , i have sat with her with books and done everything i can. But she just isn't doing it well. There is a test tommorow for tiffin girls school,surrey and i am nervous. I would really like her to get into this school because my other daughter is currently at it. We have 1 hour in the morning to go over things before we leave for the test. Any tips on how to get her just a little better so i hold out some hope?

Carol.

Post by Guest »

This is very late in the day. By test date you and your child should feel fairly confident that the preparation has been sufficient. If not, then you have to simply hope for the best. The fact that you’ve tried everything and she has not done well is something you need to think about. Tell your daughter to enjoy the challenge above all else.
Carol

Post by Carol »

Yeah she went today, was a little nervous and i told her she would to ok and not to worry. But she saw some of her school friends there and they all finished the test , she only got to the 50th question... But i do expect her to be better at verbal reasoning since she is good with the practise papers we done..
Sonia

Post by Sonia »

Carol wrote:Yeah she went today, was a little nervous and i told her she would to ok and not to worry. But she saw some of her school friends there and they all finished the test , she only got to the 50th question... But i do expect her to be better at verbal reasoning since she is good with the practise papers we done..
How did your daughter do? Any advice for mine sitting dec 07.Were the questions NFER or ATHEY or AFN style?
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Hi Sonia,

Have you noticed the date? You are responding to comments made in 2005 :D

Are you the guest you posted in 'Tiffins girls 11+' as well? You may want to also ask in the 'Surrey (LB Sutton & LB Kingston)' section where the exams for Tiffin are more usually discussed.

Best of luck

Catherine