GL pack 6, NVR help please

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kal12003

GL pack 6, NVR help please

Post by kal12003 »

Hi

Is anyone able to explain the answers to the GL variety assessment, Pack 6, section 6 questions below:
Q3, Q4, Q5, Q6, Q7, Q8, Q9, Q10 and Q11.

If anyone is able to explain even one or two I'd be very grateful - Dd is really struggling with these.

Thanks in advance.
leanmeamum

Re: GL pack 6, NVR help please

Post by leanmeamum »

Is there any way you can copy and paste the questions here as I don't have the questions so cannot help.

Are these papers in the NVR pack? If so let me know which ones and I may be able to help
kal12003

Post by kal12003 »

Hi

Thank you for replying, I'm afraid I seem unable to copy and paste any of the questions. The section that is the main concern is the NVR section 6 of pack 6, these are the find the diagram like the first three, type questions. Dd is really struggling with these as they all appear so similar.
leanmeamum

Post by leanmeamum »

Unfortunately I don't have that pack - hopefully someone will come along and help you with the questions.

Those type of questions are called Isomorphic. You look at the test shapes (the 2 or 3 shapes on the left) and see what is common to them - ignore any differences as we are only interested in commonalities. Hope this tip might make it easier to work out what is happening in the questions.

Hope this helps
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

Have you sorted this Kal12003?
kal12003

Post by kal12003 »

Hi

Nope these havent been resolved, I have used the advice as above of looking for common themes among the first shapes and am hoping this will help dd, ironically enough she is going to re do the this VR paper tomorrow.
Stocky

Post by Stocky »

Q1: connection is 7 outer squares answer E;
Q2: connection is 1 black semi circle in and one out answer B;
Q.3 the dotted line divides the shape in half, answer E;
Q.4: bottom shape is half filled, can only be C or D; half fill is always in one block so has to be C;
Q.5: loops always in the same direction; can only be B;
Q.6: always a black triangle rules out D and E; the black oval is always on a corner of the main shape, can only be A;
Q.7: if there's one curve arrow points way from it; if there are two, one points away from curve line one arrow points to it; answer B;
Q.8: Shape inside the shape is always the same as the shape on its own, but a reflection; the inside shape also has one side less than the main shape;
Q.9 the lines inside the dotty shape always make the solid shape outside;
Q.10: arrow always clockwise, rules out B; the shape the arrow makes is always the same as the black shape;
kal12003

Post by kal12003 »

Stocky - thank you so much for taking the time to post the explanations. I'll report back how it goes with Dd today. Thanks again.
JRM

Post by JRM »

Is it sad that I recognise these questions from the answer descriptions. Q6 was DD's nemesis.
The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.
Dr Seuss
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now