NVR Question Type 7 - Diagram Like the First Two/Three

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Brainfreeze

NVR Question Type 7 - Diagram Like the First Two/Three

Post by Brainfreeze »

This type of question is my DS lowest performing area and I would like to give him a boost with it.

Have trawled the web and found a couple of resources - one worksheet and one you tube video, but nothing substantial.

Does anyone have any tips on where I could get hold of worksheets with question type 7 practise?

He has been doing the GL Assessment papers so I'm thinking I may just photocopy the 'diagram like the first 2/3' pages and get him to do them in one big session.

Help!
Brainfreeze

Re: NVR Question Type 7 - Diagram Like the First Two/Three

Post by Brainfreeze »

Quick update regarding our progress on this.

I decided to photocopy all the sections of my GL Assessment NVR papers relating to Find the Diagram like the First 2/3. Also Find the Odd One Out sections as it is a similar skill.

He ended up with 60 FTOOO questions, 56 FTDLYF2 questions and 36 FTDLTF3 questions.

We have done the first 2 sets of questions in separate sessions and the progress has been dramatic. I went through the first 4/5 questions with him and then left him to work through the rest. His performance has gone up hugely and his confidence in this area is right up there now.

Not tried it with FTDLTF3 yet, but hoping for similar results.

Worth trying for anyone else in similar position.

By the way, I have bought GL Ass NVR papers 1-4 and 5-8 packs so photocopying for my own personal use is still on the right side of copyright law!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now