GL NVR paper 8 Please help!

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Confuseddiy

GL NVR paper 8 Please help!

Post by Confuseddiy »

Hi

With 2 days to go I think I may be starting to panic!

Could anybody please assist with the following questions from NVR paper 8, which was attempted (not very successfully) last night!

Section 1 Question 5
Section 5 Question 6, 10 and 12

Thank you so much
LincsBloke

Re: GL NVR paper 8 Please help!

Post by LincsBloke »

I found choosing a section (not the entire paper) and doing the test together has really helped. We set ourselves 7 minutes per section and then walk through it afterwards. We compare scores too which gives him confidence!

NVR paper 8 Section 1 Q 5... I believe its the only shape without external straight edges. Might be the wrong reason but its the only one we came up with!

NVR paper 8 Section 5 Q 6... with these grids sometimes you have to look diagonally. You will notice the black corners are the same depending on which diagonal you are taking. So the missing space has two corner triangles. The shapes are misleading as its the direction of the lines which following the bottom three should be vertical.

NVR paper 8 Section 5 Q 10... I don't agree with their answer (E) as the rotation is 45degrees in the grid and 90degrees in the answer. Anyone else got an explanation.

NVR paper 8 Section 5 Q 12... The two semi-circles on the left and right of the shape are joined to form the middle circle. The square to the top left then forms a smaller square to the top left shape. The only answer that does this is B.

Hope that helps.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now