Help with 'most like' question.

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

LoveIsKind

Help with 'most like' question.

Post by LoveIsKind »

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/484 ... 22cc_c.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hello Everyone, My DD though the answer for the above question was E. The answer booklet says A. I cant work it out how A is the correct answer. Can someone help?

The question is from GL Assessment, pack 1, question#8 (new printout)
streathammum

Re: Help with 'most like' question.

Post by streathammum »

What exactly is the question?

I suppose it could be A because - A is the only one that matches one of the shapes (circle), it also has the right number of crosses on the inside and the right number of dots on the outside. So of the four variables (shape, number of crosses inside, number of dots inside, number of dots outside) A matches three.

It's a guess really. I have always struggled with these!
patricia

Post by patricia »

I would opt for E too.

The first two shapes need to have something in common.

1. The dots add up to seven
2. The number of dots outside = number of crosses inside

Patricia
LoveIsKind

Post by LoveIsKind »

Thank you Streathammum and Patricia for your reply. Am thinking of emailing the publisher and kindly ask for more detailed answer.
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

I would go for E as well for the same reasons as Patricia. Basically it’s the only one with 7 dots in total. All of the shapes have the same number of external dots to internal crosses, so from that reason alone it could be any of them. I would also have looked at the placement of the crosses - in the first example they are vertical, so I would have ruled out A, C and D, but then there is only 1 cross in the second example which doesn’t help :roll:

If you do get a response as to the reason please share as I’m beginning to wish I’d never looked at it!! :lol:
LoveIsKind

Post by LoveIsKind »

Have just spoken to GL Assesment team.
They've confirm the answer is E, and NOT A as stated in their answer booklet. (It was a print error :roll: :roll: :roll: )

This has bothered me for a whole week, I can now stop staring at the dots and the crosses :P
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

Thank you :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now