Graveney and GL assessment papers

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Wimbles

Graveney and GL assessment papers

Post by Wimbles »

Hi,

I have been practising NVR with my son using Schofield and Sims and Atom up to now, sometimes CGP. He has just started the free GL assessment familiarisation tests and is finding them quite tricky, as the questions are often different to the ones he has come across up to now.

Our focus has mainly been grammars and ISEB up to now, but as he is due to do the Wandsworth year 6 test, can anyone suggest any good resources that might help him please.

I am presuming the familiarisation test is the standard the year 6 will be at?

Any help or guidance appreciated!
summersun

Re: Graveney and GL assessment papers

Post by summersun »

Hi

I would really be interested in this too. Is the Wandsworth test at a similar level to the GL Papers (the free one and the packs you can buy) and which books are the best to use for preparation?

Thanks
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

We used the Bond verbal and non-verbal reasoning books to prepare for Wandsworth. Can't remember now which age they were but I think by the end we were in 12 or possibly 13.

Bear in mind that this test is sat by every child in Wandsworth borough and is used by some schools for banding across the ability spectrum, so the range in the test is much broader than you'll find in tests that are just for selective places.
summersun

Post by summersun »

Thanks a lot for your reply. That's interesting and makes sense that the range in the test is broad. Not sure if this is a positive or a negative for a bright child? I guess it means a really high mark is required for a Graveney place and that a couple of silly mistakes can swing the outcome significantly?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now