Help please with GL Test 8

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
fiate2000

Help please with GL Test 8

Post by fiate2000 »

Could anyone explain the answers to the following questions please? Really stuck

Section 3 Q7

Section 4 Q10
OverEagerDad

Re: Help please with GL Test 8

Post by OverEagerDad »

Q7 has lots of things changing.

Triangle on the left is swapping up and down, dot is going up and down and a hexagon is forming alternating top then bottom then top etc. So if say left triangle pointing up, dot below the line and three pieces of hexagon, so….C??
2Socks

Post by 2Socks »

I agree with OED. I'm thinking that the dot goes into the triangle that was added in the previous box.

No clue about Q10... let's just say if I had to do the 11+ I'd just skip all of those questions!
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

I don't know that I'm any good at these but I agreed with the pp about the first one.
For number 10 the shape has become irrelevant (thank goodness) so I think you only need to look at the letters.
The pattern at the bottom is LML and therefore I would assume the next one will be M. There are two with M at the bottom and the only one that makes any sense to me is to try and create some sort of logical sequence so GGH.... H.
So I'd go for answer d.
summersun

Post by summersun »

I also think 10 is D but for a different reason. The only thing the 1st 2 figures have in common to give the G is a straight sided outer shape so in contrast H means a curved sided outer shape. The the bottom letter I think is for the inner shape so L is for a curved sided inner shape and M is for a straight sided inner shape. So the answer is HM which is d.

No idea if this is correct!
fiate2000

Post by fiate2000 »

OverEagerDad wrote:Q7 has lots of things changing.

Triangle on the left is swapping up and down, dot is going up and down and a hexagon is forming alternating top then bottom then top etc. So if say left triangle pointing up, dot below the line and three pieces of hexagon, so….C??
Thanks OED. Your answer is correct as per answer sheet and explanation makes sense.
fiate2000

Post by fiate2000 »

summersun wrote:I also think 10 is D but for a different reason. The only thing the 1st 2 figures have in common to give the G is a straight sided outer shape so in contrast H means a curved sided outer shape. The the bottom letter I think is for the inner shape so L is for a curved sided inner shape and M is for a straight sided inner shape. So the answer is HM which is d.

No idea if this is correct!
You are correct - (d) is the right answer. Thanks for the explanation.
fiate2000

Post by fiate2000 »

2socks, loobylou - thank you for your responses.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now