Elevenplusexams NVR e-Practice Test 1

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mum007

Elevenplusexams NVR e-Practice Test 1

Post by Mum007 »

Oh, that first question! How off-putting!

(Sorry - I can't seem to paste it in or attach a file.)

Can someone tell me how to work out the answer? I've worked out that the black arrow should point down and the fork should have prongs down, but what determines the position of the equals sign?

Hope someone can help me!

[/quote][/url]
programmer

Post by programmer »

By your observations the answer has to be B, C or E. Further, the blank square should have the shapes positioned such a way that they continue the zigzag pattern. The answer should be the one that starts from bottom left to the top right, which is not C or E, but only B.
Mum007

Post by Mum007 »

Oh yes!!!

I can see the zig zag now! Couldn't see that before. Sorry.

Thanks for your help, programmer. :)
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

I spent five ( o.k. 15) minutes looking at this question today and could not solve it. :oops:

Lesson number one guess and move on.

Regard this question as a it's about as tough as it gets question. :)

steve
Mum007

Post by Mum007 »

Just hope they lead them in gently for the real thing otherwise it's only testing exam technique and nothing more.

I had a real go at DS for not "guessing and moving on" with this one. It was only afterwards I realised that it wasn't so easy.
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Having resolved the first two elements, I would then try to resolve the third, the equals sign.

Looking at its position by line 1,2,3 and column left,right,centre I can not see a pattern.

I agree if you step back and look at the overall pattern you get the answer on the answer sheet, but I feel their is a degree of ambiguity with this question. :)

I am looking at these questions for the first time in two years as I start work with DS2 and am amazed at how slow I am :) .

steve
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now