Non-Verbal Reasoning CD Volume 1

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

Odd one out set A - sad really, first set and stuck!
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Hello NKM :D

Q2 - the number of sides in each set equals 9, except b, which equals 7.

Q8 - I can see why you may think its b, but then that could be a double arrowhead. e is the only one with identical arrow heads on either end.

Q14 C is the only one with no line of symmetry, all the others have one.

Does this help?
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

q2 a great help - can understand and would never have done so without your help. I am sorry but still don't understand the double arrow head.But do totally understand the lines of symmetry. Thank you so much for taking the time to help . The next few months will be difficult for me as i make my way through these questions and try to help dd without too many comments such as - well i have no idea why that is the answer!
Good luck with your own endeavours. This is not an easy time for parents or children.
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

DS2 has been plodding reluctantly through the NVR CD over the xmas break. :). It has been a good starter/refresher for us having got as far as Bond Third age 9-10 a couple of months ago. 8)

Does any one have any opinions on how the CD compares to NFER NVR in a real exam, it is a while since I have looked at the NFER sample papers?

My gut feeling was that the CD has "up to three levels" in a question where as NFER sometimes go to four or five. :twisted:

steve