It's just not working...

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
JaysDarlin

It's just not working...

Post by JaysDarlin »

We just had a three days break of no studying.

Today I got ds to do NVR Bond test 2 and he got 78% :( . Silly mistakes! He rotates the shape and chooses his answer based on one pattern, and doesnt bother eliminating the rest! Agghhh. Poor test results can be so scary at this stage. He's driving me bonkers!

Ok, what should I do? Let him tackle the whole tests, and mark them in the end, or work through the tests with him, question by question? He knows it all, but doesnt apply it come test time.

Having said that, he normally scores more than 85%.

Heebie Jeebies x3.
smileyygirl

Post by smileyygirl »

Hi Sara

i know someone with your problem, its probably a good idea to encourage him to put the effort in and sit and go through the corrections of exam papers with him, because then he will know what to do for next time. I used to be like that, just wanted to do the paper, get the mark and then leave it, but then going through the corrections with a parent helped me in the long run.

Hope this has helped you. :)
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Thanks SmileyGirl! That was very helpful.

I have decided on working through the corrections first and tackling the test later on in the day. Seems to be working for now - fingers crossed!
Samran

Post by Samran »

It is very good if you start encourging your son to work hard and what you will give if he trys his best. So thats why tips but obvousily they may be other good advice such as: Work with him whens not grumpy or sad, upset etc