NFER/BOND

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

NFER/BOND

Post by Guest »

My daughter has been practising Bond 4th and 5th Book NVR - getting a average score of 92%. We have now started on NFER as that is what she will be sitting. She has done 2 papers and got 68% and 71%. Is there that much difference between difficulty? Only have 2 weeks to test and 2 practice papers left - any advise?

Post by Guest »

Anyone out there? 102 views - has anyone else had this problem with NFER/Bond - Thanks

Was wondering too

Post by Guest »

I've been doing AFN and Nfer - or rather, son has! (maybe it's the same thing!)

Was wondering too about Bond - are they harder, easier...any ideas? :?:

Oh and don't you think the spam control question ought to be a NVR/VR one? lol! :lol:
Nou

Post by Nou »

We actually found Bond more difficult - perhaps because they were the first type we tried. This makes me think that familiarity with the exact type of questions is the key. They all seem to be slightly different and I think the difficulty is relative.
Dougal

Post by Dougal »

Hi,
my daughter has done both the Bond 11+ papers and the NFER practise papers. We both feel that the Bond papers are harder. When she first started doing them under timed conditions she was only getting 72%-77%, but now she has finished both the packs she got 95% in her last paper. She is sitting the 11+ on Saturday, so I have decided to quit whilst she has done so well!
Basically it is all down to practice. Good luck with it all
Dougal

Post by Guest »

Thank you Nou and Dougal - really appreciate your replies.

Post by Guest »

Should add - hope your daughter does well Dougal :-)
shivkpr

bond' nfer; afn

Post by shivkpr »

Its interesting to hear about Bond and Nfer papers. what about the AFN
are they of the same quality or easier

Bo Peep

Post by Bo Peep »

Others may disagree with me, but we found AFN definitely easier than Bond and Nfer. I do find Bond slightly harder than Nfer.

I bought AFN because when I was researching various papers they were said to 'stretch' kids more.
shivkpr

papers

Post by shivkpr »

thanks.
it is confusing as other seems to suggest AFN are better :wink:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now